Menu Close

WroMigrant: VAT refund

I would like to buy a laptop in Poland and bring it to Ukraine. Can I apply for a VAT refund?

Yes, if you are a citizen of a non-EU country and do not have a permanent place of residence in the EU, e.g. you are in Poland as a tourist, on a visa or under the visa-free regime.

When shopping for min. 200 zł in shops with the TAX FREE logo, you can apply for a VAT refund. To do this, contact the seller and select the method of VAT-return (non-cash or cash, remember that this cannot be changed later) and the form of the TAX FREE document (printout or electronic version).

At this point, the documents are transferred to the border in electronic form.

At the border, show the customs officer your documents and the goods being exported (on request). If you are not exporting any of the goods you have purchased, be sure to inform the officer. Then the TAX FREE system will generate an electronic confirmation of export and the seller will receive it automatically. On request, you can get the “POLSKA-CŁO” (POLAND-CUSTOM DUTY) stamp on a printout.

If you leave the EU from a country other than the one you bought the goods in, you have to have a paper version of the TAX FREE documents.

For the VAT refund in cash you have to contact the seller personally on your next visit. The non-cash refund will be made automatically.

Przewiń do góry