When can I apply for a permanent residence permit?
Unlike a long-term resident of the EU, you can apply for permanent residence if you meet one of the following conditions:
- you are married to a Polish citizen and at the same time:
- you have been married for at least 3 years at the moment of application;
- you have been in Poland continuously for at least 2 years on the basis of a temporary residence permit issued for the purpose of marriage with a Polish citizen or in connection with obtaining refugee status, subsidiary protection, or a residence permit for humanitarian reasons;
- you are of Polish origin;
- you have a Pole’s Card (Karta Polaka);
- you have been in Poland for at least one year based on a temporary residence permit for victims of trafficking;
- you have been in Poland for at least 5 years based on refugee status, subsidiary protection, or humanitarian reasons;
- you have been in Poland continuously for at least 10 years based on a tolerant residence permit;
- you were granted asylum status in Poland.