Menu Close

WroMigrant: how to go outside the EU while you’ve submitted residence permit application

I have submitted my residence permit application. I would like to go to my country (outside the EU) for Christmas. Can I do that?

There are several options:

  1. You have a valid visa, residence card or unused days in visa-free travel → You can leave and return. Just remember that if the visa or card expires during your absence in Poland, you cannot travel back using the same document.
  2. You have a type D (national) visa or a residence card that expired during the epidemic (i.e. after March 14, 2020), while you were in Poland → You can legally leave Poland and return on the same visa / card. It is extended by law until the end of the pandemic + 30 days after (according to “Special legal solutions for foreigners in connection with the SARS-CoV-2 virus epidemic”).
  3. You entered on a type C visa (Schengen), visa-free travel or on a type D visa, the deadline of which expired before the epidemic started ? You can legally leave the country. In order to return, you must either obtain a new visa or get a new basis for visa-free travel (e.g. spend 90 days outside the Schengen area).

Remember! The Border Guard may demand proof of the purpose of stay in Poland in accordance with the type of the extended visa. It is also good to get acquainted with the sanitary requirements valid on the day of crossing the border.


Przewiń do góry