International Mediation Day is an unusual holiday that in 2020 is celebrated on October 15. This day serves to popularize knowledge about peaceful methods of resolving conflicts and disputes in professional and personal life.
A nationwide initiative is established to promote the idea of mediation throughout the week through training, workshops and free mediators’ advice. Just like a year ago, the project of the Dom Pokoju Foundation Pogotowie Mediacyjne (Mediation Emergency) will extend one week to Mediation Month. They prepared a series of 10 mediation stations — 10 online trainings and workshops. All events are free, but registration is required. You can sign up through the forms that can be found under the link in the event description on Facebook.
- Mediation Station 1: Who is right? About conflict management — 12.10 (https://fb.me/e/dPYvxAsqb)
- Mediation Station 2: How to be less emotional? — 19.10 (https://fb.me/e/1eClGamw4)
- Mediation Station 3: Introduction to building a dialogue — 21.10 (https://fb.me/e/cvXsF9YRq)
- Mediation Station 4: Conflict — the greatest teacher — 23.10 (https://fb.me/e/1Ocl7uffX)
- Mediation station 5: Ties and good relations at school and life success — 26.10 (https://fb.me/e/cdyRg1RVI)
- Mediation Station 6: Add to dictionary — 28.10 (https://fb.me/e/fLqxX86mm)
- Mediation Station 8: What is a conflict and how to deal with it? — 4.11 (https://fb.me/e/1LLj8kkAB)
- Mediation station 9: The role of questions in the mediation process — 6.11 (https://fb.me/e/ccyXLgekp)
- Mediation Station 10: Relationships in the time of Zoom — November 12 (https://fb.me/e/ccyXLgekp)
In addition to the workshops, Pogotowie Mediacyjne invites all residents of Wrocław to participate in the competition #przepis_na_zgodę! (recipe for consent)
Anyone can share their recipe for consent and join promoting non-violent understanding and dialogue.
How to take part in the competition?
STEP 1. Think about a dish or drink that you associate with important conversation, dialogue, and reconciliation.
STEP 2. Write down a recipe and attach a photo or pictures of it.
STEP 3. Recipe + photo sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the note “Przepis na zgodę” or sent to Pogotowie Mediacyjne in a private message on FB.
Recipes can be sent until November 6, 12:00!
The recipes will be published on an album on FB page Pogotowie Mediacyjne, and those that receive the most likes will receive a double voucher for a shared meal at KASZA I PASZA and Bez Lukru!
More information: https://fb.me/e/31fHxNPmK