Anti-discrimination workshops “Stereotypes – Prejudice – Discrimination”
Meetings of different cultures, environments and perspectives give rise to great challenges. Anti-discrimination workshops “Stereotypes-Prejudice-Discrimination” are an invitation to experience and deepen knowledge in the field of intercultural dialogue. Their goal is to realize how easy it is to fall into the trap of discrimination and how to counteract it.
Workshops consist of exercises and games conducted in pairs and groups, mini-groups and discussions.
During the workshop, the participants can independently find out what stereotypes and prejudices they use on a daily basis and how they can exceed them and counteract discrimination. During the workshop, we ask the following questions for intercultural dialogue: do I discriminate? Am I discriminated against? How to deal with discrimination? Workshop methods encourage personal reflection and enable practical use of acquired skills.
The classes are addressed to all adults interested in personal development and raising intercultural competences, in particular to teachers and pedagogues working with children and youth in Wrocław educational institutions.
Benefits of participation
- broadening horizons and deepening knowledge about stereotypes, prejudices and discrimination,
- raising own intercultural competences, learning how to deal with conflicts and discrimination,
- getting practical guidance on how to respond to discrimination,
- developing your own pedagogical workshop (getting to know useful methods to implement in your own work),
- getting to know other inhabitants of Wrocław (integration).
The workshops are an original project of the Wroclaw Center for Social Development and can also be ordered for closed groups organized in Wrocław.
Organizer: Wroclaw Center for Social Development (Intercultural Dialogue Group)
Financing: Wrocław Commune
Duration: 2.5 hours